What Makes These Areas So Dangerous?
Greater Highway Traffic
Improperly Loaded Trucks
Tips for Remaining Safe in These Areas
- Stay out of the four “no-zones” on all four sides of commercial trucks, which are major blind spots for drivers.
- Avoid tailgating a commercial truck.
- Be careful when changing lanes in front of commercial trucks.
- Give commercial trucks greater space than you ordinarily allow other motor vehicles.
- Always keep the size of commercial trucks in mind, as cutting in front of a large truck and stopping suddenly can lead to a rear-end collision.
- Always anticipate wider turns with commercial trucks and give drivers the space they need to complete turns.
- Exercise patience when traveling behind commercial trucks, as they can take time to accelerate.
- Stay focused and try to avoid any distractions that will take your attention off of driving.