Don’t Risk Having Your Claim Denied!
Unless you qualify under Compassionate Allowances for Social Security benefits, you could be in for a long, complicated process to apply for and claim your Social Security Disability insurance. The Social Security Administration estimates that it can take three to five months to process a claim, and the vast majority of people that apply are denied at least twice. When you are already dealing with your illness and medical expenses, you do not want to risk having your claim denied and having to start the process over again.
Morristown Social Security Disability Lawyers on Your Team
The best way to ensure that your claim is properly handled the first time is to have an East Tennessee Social Security Disability attorney on your side. With quality representation, you can significantly increase your chance of being approved for benefits. Our Morristown Social Security Disability lawyers at The Terry Law Firm have the experience and knowledge to help you with this process from start to finish and get you the benefits you need and deserve.
Below are some tips to help you effectively file for and claim benefits:
- Fill out your application thoroughly. The first step the Disability Determinations Services examiner will take is to request your medical records. Make sure you have completed all information regarding your medical history and include current names and addresses of all medical workers assigned to your case.
- Contact your physician. Before submitting your disability application contact your doctor to let him or her know you are applying for Social Security Disability Insurance. Ask your doctor outright if he or she will support you in the process. Without your doctor’s support you will more than likely be denied your benefits.
- Respond promptly to any inquiries. If you are contacted by anyone that is involved in your disability claim, whether they are from the Social Security office, the doctor’s office or your attorney, you should respond immediately. With an estimated timeline taking up to five months, any delay can adversely impact when you hear of a decision about your benefits.
- Communicate any changes. If you have any changes to your personal information, including address, phone number or your medical condition, immediately contact the office that is processing your claim. If your medical condition deteriorates this could impact the final decision.
- Be patient but persistent. Millions of Americans have applications for disability benefits being processed, but that does not minimize your application. Check the status of your application if you have not heard back from your caseworker in a reasonable amount of time.
- Appeal. If your case is denied, and your condition has not improved, you may file an appeal. Statistics show that many people are denied twice when trying to get their disability benefits. If you are filing an appeal it is strongly recommended that you secure a Social Security attorney.
Contact a Social Security Lawyer for Help Winning Your Disability Claim
Our Morristown attorneys handle Social Security Disability cases from the initial application stage through administrative hearings and federal court. We will properly prepare your application and the medical evidence of your disability. Whether your case falls under SSDI or SSD, our Social Security attorneys can help you get the disability benefits you deserve.
Schedule your free consultation by calling us at (423) 586-5800 today.