Seeking Compensation for Pedestrians Injured in Accidents
As the victim of a pedestrian accident, you likely face medical bills, lost income and other expenses. We have more than five decades of experience representing the injured and can help you obtain the justice you deserve. If you have lost a family member or loved one as the result of pedestrian accident caused by a car, truck, bicycle, or motorcycle, we also provide you with excellent and compassionate representation in a wrongful death claim.
We can help you seek compensation for expenses and damages including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Loss of pension
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services
- Loss of healthcare benefits
- Loss of consortium – damage to family relationships resulting from the accident
What to Do Following a Pedestrian Accident
Being involved in a pedestrian accident can be a scary situation, and it is easy to become disoriented and confused. However, if possible, important steps should be followed to protect your rights and improve your ability to receive compensation.
If you have been in a pedestrian accident, you should:
- Call the police and insist that a police report is filed.
- Document the accident scene with photographs or video, and obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Seek medical attention, even if you do not believe your injuries are serious. Some injuries develop long after an accident and worsen significantly over time.
- Make no statements about the accident other than to the police, your doctor and a lawyer of your own choosing. Truthful statements made in an attempt to be helpful can easily be misinterpreted and used against you.
- Do not sign any insurance or settlement documents without consulting a pedestrian accident lawyer.
Let the Morristown Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at The Terry Law Firm Work on Your Case Today!
At The Terry Law Firm, we have worked hard to develop a reputation for success and dedication to our clients. If you have been injured, we will fight to ensure you receive the compensation and justice you deserve. In order to receive financial compensation, you must prove that your injuries are the fault of another person. Our Morristown personal injury attorneys have almost 50 years of experience and have the skills and knowledge necessary to thoroughly investigate your accident and document its cause.
For your free consultation, contact us at (423) 586-5800 today.