Morristown Social Security Disability Lawyers Helping You Pursue Benefits
One of the first questions people ask our Morristown Social Security Disability attorneys at The Terry Law Firm is how do I know whether my condition meets the definition of “disability?” While there are numerous factors that the Social Security office looks at when evaluating your case, there are some clear areas that define diseases and conditions serious enough to be considered a true impairment.
We have the experience and knowledge to help you with your Social Security Disability claim. Our team represents clients throughout East Tennessee, including Hamblen, Greene, and Hawkins County. We can help you determine if your disability is covered under the program and, if it is, work together with you to pursue benefits.
The 14 medical impairment areas that may qualify you for disability include:
- Musculoskeletal System: Degenerative Disc Disease; Spine Disorders; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; Fibromyalgia; Herniated Disc; Lumbar Stenosis; Spinal Arachnoiditis; Osteoarthritis; Reflex Sympathetic Disorder; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Ruptured Disc
- Special Senses and Speech: Vision Loss; Otolaryngology (Hearing Loss); Meniere’s Disease
- Respiratory System: Asthma; Emphysema; Sarcoidosis; Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cardiovascular System: Heart Failure
- Digestive System: Crohn’s Disease; Colitis; Liver Disease; Hepatitis
- Genitourinary Impairments: Kidney Failure; Interstitial Cystitis
- Hematological Disorders: Chronic Anemia; Sickle Cell Disease; Chronic Thrombocytopenia; Coagulation Defects and Hemophilia
- Skin Disorders: Ichthyosis; Bullous Diseases; Chronic Skin Diseases
- Endocrine System: Diabetes; Obesity
- Impairments that Affect Multiple Body Systems: Mosaic/Non-mosaic Down Syndrome; Trisomy X Syndrome (XXX Syndrome); Fragile X Syndrome; Phenylketonuria (PKU); Caudal Regression Syndrome; Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Neurological: Neuropathy; Seizure Disorder; Stroke (Cerebrovascular Accident); Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mental Disorders: Anxiety Disorder; Autism; Bipolar Disorder; Depression; Mood Disorder; Organic Mental Disorders; Panic Attacks; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Schizophrenia
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases: Cancer; Mesothelioma
- Immune System Disorders: Lupus; Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
When you apply for disability benefits, a Social Security official will ask whether your particular condition matches up with one of these impairments. If your impairment is of such severity or is among one of the rare diseases that qualifies you for a Compassionate Allowance, you may be immediately qualified for disability. Most people who are disabled do not have a condition that meets this definition, however, and in most cases the Social Security office will compare your disability with their list of recognized impairments and then proceed to ask you about your ability to work.
Call Social Security Benefit Lawyers for Help Getting Compensation!
If you need assistance in filing an initial Social Security Disability claim, or if your claim has been denied, the our Morristown, Tennessee Social Security Disability attorneys at The Terry Law Firm are ready to help. We know what documents to file, how to file, and the right steps to get claims approved.
Protect your right to a swift and fair hearing and get the benefits you have worked for. Contact us at (423) 586-5800 for a free initial consultation.