How Our Morristown Lawyers Can Help with Your Social Security Application
If you have become disabled and unable to work, you may be able to receive financial assistance through obtaining Social Security Disability benefits. Unfortunately, many who have paid into the system and have a legitimate disability that prevents them from working are still denied benefits.
That is why it is critical to have an experienced team of Morristown Social Security Disability attorneys on your side. At The Terry Law Firm, we are able to help clients with every aspect of the SSDI process, from the initial application process all the way through the most complex appeals. Our priority is taking whatever legal route necessary to get you the benefits you need and are entitled to receive.
Below are the steps in the Social Security Disability application process:
- Submit your application, along with all necessary medical evidence and supporting documentation, to the Social Security Administration
- Receive a response within 90-120 days telling you whether your application was approved or denied
- If your application was denied, submit an appeal, also known as a request for reconsideration, within 60 days
- Receive a response within 3-5 months telling you whether your appeal was approved or denied
- If your appeal was denied, request a hearing before an administrative law judge within 60 days
- If your appeal before an administrative law judge results in a denial, you may appeal the decision before the Appeals Council or a Federal District Court
Contact a SSD Attorney to Help Your Application Get Approved
With more than 50 years of experience under our belt, our Morristwon Social Security Disability attorneys know exactly how to take the proper steps to make sure your claim is approved. Whether you are at the initial application stages or need legal assistance for making an appeal, we are here to help.
Schedule your free consultation now by calling us at (423) 586-5800.