Contact Our Morristown Personal Injury Lawyers Immediately!
You never know how you will react when an accident occurs. Although we all like to think that we will be calm and rational, the reality is that many people become quickly overwhelmed. Details that seem so obvious at the time may be entirely forgotten or incorrectly recalled.
If you have been involved in a car or truck accident, it is wise to seek the advice of an attorney who can help you recover monetary compensation for your personal injuries and property damage. Serving people in Hamblen, Greene, and Hawkins Counties and throughout East Tennessee, one of our skilled Morristown personal injury attorneys at The Terry Law Firm will handle your case so you can focus on yourself in the aftermath of your injury.
Steps to Take after an Accident
What you should do if you are involved in a truck accident or car crash:
- Insist that a report be filed with the police.
- Obtain the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number, and driver’s license number of all other drivers involved in the accident.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Photograph the accident scene, including all vehicles involved and any visible injuries.
- Talk to no one about the accident or injuries other than your doctor or lawyer.
- Sign nothing without consulting a vehicle accident lawyer. Truthful statements made in an attempt to be helpful can easily be misinterpreted and used against you.
- Seek medical attention and tell your doctor exactly how the injury occurred. Be sure to describe all symptoms and complaints.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation
If you have been hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you may be entitled to financial compensation from that person or that person’s insurance company. That process can be complicated, so contact our Morristown auto accident lawyers of The Terry Law Firm as soon as possible and let us assist you. We protect the rights of clients who have suffered serious personal injury or death as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Please contact us at (423) 586-5800 for a free case consultation.