Have you been in a motorcycle accident in or around Sevierville, Tennessee? It can be stressful to navigate recovering emotionally and physically while also pursuing a legal claim.
Time is also of the essence as the statute of limitations for personal injury in Tennessee is one year from the date of injury under Tennessee Code Title 28.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers can help. Contact The Terry Law Firm today to discuss how we can help you pursue your claim in full.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Sevierville
The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is just to the south of Sevierville. East Tennessee is also well known as a popular area for motorcycle rides due to the combination of mountains, forests, water, and lively towns.
Unfortunately, sometimes a nice day out on the motorcycle can result in an unforeseen accident. The National Park Service says that rangers will often be called to accidents that occur within the park. They have released Motorcycle Safety Tips for those considering driving through the park. These include:
- Watching for animals that may dart across the roadway
- Staying alert to falling rocks or gravel
- Focusing on the road rather than the scenery
- Wearing brightly colored clothing
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Traffic Safety Facts has reported a downward trend in vehicle accidents overall as recently as 2017. However, people on motorcycles are 27 percent more likely to be involved in an accident than if they were in another type of motor vehicle.
Motorcycle accidents can happen for several reasons. Even if you safely operate a motorcycle, you can be susceptible to an accident due to factors outside of your control.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Sevierville include:
- Careless driving
- Not following the rules of the road
- Aggressive driving
- Driving in blind spots
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Alcohol impairment or drunk driving
- Talking to passengers
- Changing the radio
- Eating food
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Riding a motorcycle offers almost no protection to the driver if involved in an accident. It is common for life-threatening or catastrophic injuries to occur in motorcycle crashes. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at The Terry Law Firm have helped people recover damages for injuries such as:
- Broken limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and neck pain and injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Psychological injuries resulting from the accident
- Fractured ribs
- Cuts, bruises, and burns
- Wrongful death
Types of Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Sevierville, TN, you may be able to collect compensation for damages. We can help determine which of the following compensation options may be available to you:
- Medical Costs – If you spend any amount of time in the hospital after the accident, or if you incur ongoing expenses related to medical treatment as a result of a motorcycle accident in Sevierville, TN, you may be able to recover these medical costs if another driver is determined to be at fault. Medical costs are usually considered broadly and may include any of the following:
- Hospital stays
- Ambulance bills
- In-home care
- Property Damage – Any property damage – including the property that you were wearing at the time of the accident and damage to your motorcycle – may potentially be recovered.
- Pain and Suffering – Any emotional or psychological pain that you may be going through due to the accident may be eligible for compensation. Often, pain and suffering damages will increase based on the severity of the injuries from the accident. For example, if a driver was paralyzed due to the accident, pain and suffering amounts may be greater than if a driver had broken a limb. Pain and suffering damages can vary depending on your specific injuries and situation.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Should you incur any injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover rehabilitation costs as you heal and get back to your usual way of life. Like medical expenses, what qualifies as rehabilitation costs can be broad and may include:
- Health and physical rehabilitation bills
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Modification of vehicles if needed due to injury
- Possible home renovations due to injury and needs
- Home health-aid needs
- Lost Wages – You may recover lost wages that you cannot earn while you recover physically from a motorcycle accident. The amount of these damages are often easier to determine based on prior wage reports or paychecks earned.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses – Some expenses will not fall into the buckets above. In that case, they are considered additional out-of-pocket expenses.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Determining liability and whether you can recover potential damages depends on many factors. Physical injuries and emotional trauma to a motorcyclist can be severe after an accident. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Sevierville, TN, you should consider seeking the advice of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. We can help you determine what rights you have both immediately after the accident and afterward as you recover.
If another party is entirely at fault, an insurance company might try to settle quickly for a small amount. Our motorcycle accident attorneys have experience negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of clients to pursue the appropriate amount based on the other party’s fault and the damages and injuries.
Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys can investigate the accident and negotiate with insurance adjusters if needed. We can conduct a thorough investigation and ensure that all evidence is presented to establish which party was at fault. You can heal physically while resting assured that we are vigorously pursuing your legal claims on your behalf.
Contact a Sevierville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident in Sevierville, you need a qualified attorney who can advise you on your rights and how to pursue any legal claims you may have. The Terry Law Firm knows the local roads and regulations very well. We can help you navigate any claims you may have, as well as protecting your rights immediately following an accident.