As your trusted local law firm, we are proud to provide clients with excellent legal service. It is what continues to set our firm apart from others, and it is what has helped us establish long-lasting relationships with our clients. The Terry Law Firm has set the standard high, and we continue to make sure your rights are protected and expectations are exceeded.
As our client, you can expect the following:
- Award-winning personal injury lawyers with proven results
- Founded on offering small-town, homegrown service
- Highly responsive to all emails, calls, and inquiries
- Over 50 years of collective experience in complex personal injury claims
- Every case handled personally by our caring team
Call (423) 586-5800 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable Newport personal injury attorney. We do not charge any fees upfront to start work on an injury claim, and you owe us nothing unless and until we recover money for you.
How Our Newport, TN Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
When you’ve been seriously injured, your only focus should be your health. When you choose The Terry Law Firm to represent you, we work hard to take all the other burdens off your plate. We handle all the legwork required to build a strong claim for maximum compensation, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation of the accident that led to your injury
- Interviewing any eyewitnesses
- Identifying all potentially liable parties
- Documenting the extent of the damages you have suffered ─ and will continue to suffer in the future ─ as a result of your injuries
- Hiring experts to evaluate your case and provide testimony to support your claim
- Negotiating aggressively for the full and fair compensation you will need to be made financially whole
- Presenting a compelling argument before a judge and jury if the at-fault party refuses to do what’s right and offer a satisfactory settlement
- Managing all details and deadlines throughout the process, so you can stay focused on your health
If you are ready to take the first step, contact us today for a free claim evaluation. Our skilled personal injury attorneys in Newport can answer all your questions and explain your options for seeking the full compensation you deserve.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Newport Personal Injury Claim?
Anytime an accident happens and a person is injured, it can be frustrating. However, not every accident will result in a personal injury claim. In order to make a legal case for compensation, your Newport personal injury lawyer will need to prove the following elements:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. For example, every driver has a duty to be careful of others on the road.
- That duty was breached. In the case of a car accident, the duty of care may be breached when a driver is distracted or reckless.
- The breach was the cause of your injury. Your lawyer will work to show that the at-fault party’s negligence led to your accident.
- You suffered damages as a result. These damages may be economic, such as medical bills and lost income, and/or non-economic, such as pain and suffering.
One of our respected accident injury lawyers will sit down with you to go over exactly what happened in your case. We will want to launch an investigation and begin collecting evidence as soon as possible, so it is important to contact us right away.
Pursuing Financial Compensation After a Newport, Tennessee Accident Injury
If you have been seriously injured due to the fault or negligence of someone else, you may be facing multiple challenges. Medical recovery, lost wages, and pain and suffering are all difficult enough without wondering how to protect your legal rights.
You should know that if your injuries were caused by the wrong or careless actions of another person or party, you may have a personal injury case — and you need an experienced advocate on your side. The types of damages you may be able to recover in a personal injury case vary, and any responsibility you bear for your own injuries may also be taken into consideration.
In general, damages may include:
- Pain and suffering, such as loss of enjoyment of life or emotional distress
- Medical expenses, including loss of mobility, disfigurement / disability
- Time lost from work or change in future earning ability
- Property damages and other costs incurred as a result of the injury
If you have lost a loved one due to negligence, you may be entitled to pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Our seasoned attorneys use our extensive experience and collective resources to help maximize your claim for compensation. Call (423) 586-5800 or contact us online to get started today.
Common Causes of Personal Injuries in Newport, Tennessee
Being involved in an accident is no small thing – victims often experience life-changing injuries, extensive medical costs, expensive property damages, and other serious losses. As a victim who has suffered innocently due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you deserve to have a strong legal advocate on your side. At The Terry Law Firm, we have developed a reputation for successfully handling a broad range of personal injury cases, including:
No matter what type of accident you were involved in, you should learn about your legal rights. Although compensation cannot reverse the physical and emotional losses you have suffered, it can ease the financial burden and ensure you get the care you need.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Newport, TN Law Firm Handles
The injuries that people suffer from accidents vary greatly. While some injuries are relatively minor and allow the victim to make a full recovery, others are not. Catastrophic injuries encompass a wide range of injuries to the brain, bones, joints, and more, and they can be both physically and financially devastating. They may require major surgery, rehab, and even assisted living care.
Over the years, the compassionate personal injury attorneys at The Terry Law Firm have working with individuals and families coping with a wide variety of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic amputation
- Burns and explosion-related injuries
- Birth injuries
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Permanent disability
Our team understands the intense treatments, ongoing rehabilitation needs, and crippling emotional toll these types of injuries can take. We have fought for the rights of families who suffer severe debt and financial stress due to debilitating injuries that could have been prevented. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of personal injury victims, and we stand ready to help you now.
Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims in Newport
Although a serious personal injury may haunt a victim and his or her family for a lifetime, there is a limit on how long you have to file a claim for compensation. This is known as the statute of limitations.
In Tennessee, victims typically have one year from the date of the injury to file a claim for compensation. Families who have lost a loved one have one year from the date of the death to file a wrongful death claim.
It is crucial to contact a trusted lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your personal injury claim. Unfortunately, evidence can quickly disappear, and witnesses’ memories can fade. So the sooner your attorney can begin an investigation, the better.
Talk to an Experienced Newport, Tennessee Personal Injury Lawyer Now
An unexpected injury can change your life forever. Simply put, the cost of medical treatment, rehabilitation, lost time and wages at work, and more will not be cheap, and they could very well be financially devastating. Complications from these injuries may last a lifetime, making it difficult for victims to move forward with their lives in the same manner.
Contact the Personal Injury Attorneys in Newport Today to Get Compensation After an Accident
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic personal injury, our experienced Newport personal injury attorneys at The Terry Law Firm can take on your case. Our knowledgeable legal team will thoroughly investigate every aspect of the accident and put together a strong case on your behalf for full and fair compensation. We will seek to resolve your case in the quickest and most effective manner possible, with the goal of obtaining a settlement or verdict that gives you the assistance and peace of mind you need and deserve during this difficult time.
From preparing a strong claim on your behalf to dealing directly with the insurance company, our Newport personal injury lawyers are here with you through every step of the process. We will fight tirelessly for the compensation you need and the justice you deserve.
Schedule a free initial consultation by calling us at (423) 586-5800 today. Our Newport personal injury attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless we win compensation for you. We serve clients throughout Tennessee, including Morristown, Greeneville, Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Rogersville, Jonesborough, Dandridge, Jefferson City, Bulls Gap, Mosheim, Pigeon Forge, Johnson City, and Kingsport.