Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be traumatic in one of the best scenarios, and deadly in the worst. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 80% of all motorcycle accidents result in injury or death. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, our firm wants you to know that you have a right to seek compensation.
At The Terry Law Group, we are dedicated to helping our clients seek fair compensation and justice for all damages they sustained. Our experienced attorneys will advocate for you and guide you through the legal process, every step of the way.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can result in an endless number of possible injuries, but there are some injuries that are more common than others. The most common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are:
- Head Injury: Even with a helmet, the impact bikers typically sustain after being thrown from their motorcycle can be jarring, resulting in concussion, or even traumatic brain injury.
- Road Rash: While motorcyclists are typically outfitted in protective gear, sometimes the gear is not enough to protect from more severe crashes. Road rash is typically caused be sliding on pavement, causing the skin to rub, peel, or burn off from the friction. These injuries can be very painful and sometimes result in scarring.
- Biker’s Arm: Because of human instinct, most motorcyclists will throw out their arm to stop their fall, no matter how impossible the feat may seem. This usually breaks, fractures, strains, sprains, or dislocates the arm, depending on the severity and type of crash.
- Leg Injury: Some crashes can pin the motorcyclist under their bike, or cause them to slide out with their bike, often catching a leg underneath. This can cause severe injury to the leg, shattering the kneecap, breaking bones or causing dislocation or sprains.
- Bone Fractures: Unlike in cars or trucks, motorcycles have no barrier between their vehicle and the road in the event of a crash. This usually means the motorcyclist is thrown around a bit more, sustaining more injuries following more frequent, jarring impacts. For example, if a motorcyclist rolls of his bike and rolls along the road he may land on the pavement 5 times, sustaining injury to 5 different parts of his body.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney For Help!
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, don’t wait to seek legal assistance. Trust our attorneys at The Terry Law Firm to take care of the legal process for you, handling paperwork and keeping you up-to-speed on legal proceedings. If you have recently experienced the loss of a loved one due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, our compassionate legal team can help you file a wrongful death case. Our experience and legal skills make our advice invaluable, and better enable us to simplify the process for you and your family.
Contact The Terry Law Firm to schedule your free initial consultation.