Beware of Public Swimming Pool Accidents This Summer
During the summer months, millions of Americans flock to public swimming pools to cool off and have some fun. However, there are many risks associated with public pools that you need to be aware of.
According to a study of more than 50,000 U.S. public swimming pools by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly four out of five public pools were out of compliance with at least one health or safety regulation. Furthermore, one out of every eight inspections led to the closure of that particular facility.
Injuries from public swimming pools can derive from, but not limited to, the following:
- Dirty water that restricts vision or causes infection
- Damaged equipment such as pool ladders
- Missing safety equipment such as safety hooks and life jackets
- Faulty pool drain covers
- Failure to indicate pool depth
Fortunately, there are ways to stay safe this summer from the dangers of public swimming pools. The CDC recommends that all concerned swimmers need to:
- Ensure that the swimming pool depth is known
- Use testing strips to determine chlorine levels
- Check for safety equipment
- Swim in pools supervised by lifeguards
When hazardous conditions are allowed to exist that results in an injury, pool owners or managers need to be held liable. If you or a loved one has suffered a swimming pool injury caused by a negligent party, The Terry Law Firm is ready to help you. Our Morristown, TN personal injury attorney possesses nearly three decades of experience and can help you recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering.
Contact us and request a free consultation.